- Confirm the date of your move
- If you’re renting, notify your landlord of your moving date
- Check your home insurance – make sure you have cover from the day, you move in to your new home.
- Obtain quote from DSD Removals Harrogate. Tel. 01423 209207
- If you’re not using professional removers, Please be careful remember DSD Removals are fully insured.
- Book extra storage space if required.
- Notify the relevant utility companies of your departure.
- Start getting rid of possessions you no longer need. Decide which items can be taken to a charity shop, sold at car boot sale, or offered to your friends.
- If you need new furniture or carpets – order them now and arrange delivery for when you move in.
- Start packing non-essential items such as books and non-seasonal clothes into boxes. Unless you have contracted DSD Removals Harrogate for a professional packing service
- De-register from your doctor, dentist and optician if you’re moving out of the area.
- Visit the post office and arrange for your post to be forwarded (you will be charged a fee for this service).
- Notify your milkman and newspaper shop that you’ll be moving and give them a date you want the service to stop.
- If you have children or pets, arrange for someone to look after them during the move.
- Make a list of everyone who should know about the move. Send out change of address ecards
- Finalise arrangements with DSD Removals. Confirm arrival times and make sure your removers have directions to your new address.
- Arrange a time to collect the keys for your new home from the estate agent.
- Notify your bank of any changes to direct debits and standing orders.
Should you require any further information on any of our services please do not hesitate to contact us on telephone: 01423 209207 or email: email@example.com
DSD House Removals Harrogate - the removal experts………….